Chrysler (FCA) wiTECH, J2534 and TechAuthority use, license and subscriptions have been a hot topic of concern for technicians since mid-2015. The long period of confusion reflects ongoing changes in FCA internal controls and processes regarding these service products. FCA provided NASTF with a notice, “Authorized Usage of wiTECH Diagnostic Tools and Software for Aftermarket Customers” on March 4, 2016. NASTF obtained additional clarification from FCA. The following is NASTF’s understanding (as of March 14, 2017) of the questions being asked NASTF by independent technicians.
- TechAuthority Online subscriptions are available for purchase only:
- At www.techauthority.com from the ONLINE SUBSCRIPTIONS tab.
- By calling 1-844-wiTECH2 (1-844-948-3242) and selecting prompt #3 (service information). When using this option, bundled pricing for the TechAuthority and wiTECH subscriptions is available. The 1-888 phone number advertised on the wiTECH order form is not intended for aftermarket customers and may delay proper handling of such orders.
- wiTECH1 and wiTECH2, a pc-based software is the OEM tool for diagnostics and programming and requires additional licensed hardware available only from FCA through their designated vendors.
- Most aftermarket shops will likely purchase the Single Wired Device package. For pricing, information and ordering call 1-844.wiTECH2 (1.844.948.3242) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When using this option, bundled pricing for the TechAuthority and wiTECH subscriptions is available. The 1-888 phone number advertised on the wiTECH order form is not intended for aftermarket customers and may delay proper handling of such orders.
- Large single-site shops and dealers will likely purchase the Multiple Wireless Device package, available by calling 1.844.948.3242, option 1.
- wiTECH Lite has been discontinued.
- wiTECH cannot be used with a J2534 device.
- Technicians whose wiTECH software and related hardware have been disabled should contact wiTECH aftermarket support by phone at 1-844-wiTECH2, 1.844.948.3242; by email to email@example.com.
- SAE J2534 flash programming is still available in conjunction with a subscription to TechAuthority. Find instructions and information regarding J2534 in the RELATED DOCUMENTS section at the bottom of the www.techauthority.com homepage but beware that some instructions are out of date. For clarification, call MOPAR J2534 Support at 1-844.948.3242; by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vehicle security including key programming requires purchase of the needed code or PIN from www.techauthority.com through the MOPAR Key Code section. Security programming is allowed using a licensed Mopar Micropod with wiTECH software for CAN vehicles and the DRB-III OEM scan tool for pre-CAN vehicles. J2534 options will not be available for key programming until model year 2018.