For access to J-2534 Information on the Porsche service information website:
- Must log in to view J2534 information.
- Under "Porsche Service", click on "Parts and Diagnostic Information".
- At bottom of page, click on "Diagnostic Information (Get information about diagnostic tools or Pass Thru)"
- Click "continue".
- Click on "Diagnostic Information".
- Click on "Diagnostic Tools" for J2534 information and read page.
- Click on "SAE J2534 Pass Thru Device (Snap-On)"
- Also, go back and click on "Pass Thru Update DME" for more information.
Which models and model years are reprogrammable for which functions?
All Porsche vehicles from model year 2004 and on.
How does a technician determine whether a recalibration update is available for a specific vehicle?
Go to https://techinfo2.porsche.com/techinfo/VFModuleManager?Type=DiagLaw and enter the VIN, CVN ID, or CAL ID to verify the vehicle's compliance.
How does a technician get the recalibration update information?
All recalibration update information can be found on this link: https://techinfo2.porsche.com/techinfo/VFModuleManager?Type=Introduction#q02b
What equipment is needed to do reprogramming?
Recommended Pass Thru Device is SAE J2534-1Porsche recommends Actia's Passthru + XS Pass Thru DeviceTo order: http://www.actiaus.comMore information: http://www.passthruxs.com/passthruxs.htm
What systems requirements are needed to support the reprogramming?
System requirements can be found on https://techinfo2.porsche.com/techinfo/VFModuleManager?Type=SystemRequirement