From the main page, click on the icon labeled “ NERS J2534 ECU Blank Programming, ECU Reprogramming, VIN writing and Device Maker Validation Program”. SAE J2534 information can be found under the tabs labeled J2534-1, Reprogramming, and Blank Programming.
Before purchasing products and services from this website, you must register for a free account. This allows a technician to keep records of your order history, track your orders and get notified of special promotions or publication release dates.
Which models and model years of vehicles can be reprogrammed?
Incident specific reprograms are available for 1999 and later vehicles.
How does a technician determine whether a reprogramming event is needed for a particular vehicle?
Using the service information websites, locate an applicable TSB for your incident. Select NERS J2534 ECU programming, then select the “Reprogramming” tab, Search for TSB to find a TSB that has been published about the incident. The TSB will provide applicable reprogramming instructions.
Please note: In order to view the full TSB as an Adobe PDF document, you will need to have a current online viewing subscription. Purchasing a subscription provides online viewing of service manuals, TSBs, Tech Talk magazines and E-learning training modules for both Nissan and Infiniti publication websites for 1989 model year through the current model year.
What OEM equipment is available to reprogram vehicles?
Programming or reprogramming of control modules can be accomplished by using one of the following methods:
- For reprogramming, Nissan ECU Reprogramming Software (NERS) is the SAE J2534 complaint software. NERS Supports ECM and TCM reprogramming. NERS must be used in conjunction with a validated SAE J2534 compliant pass-through device. A list of validated pass-through devices can be found on the Nissan or Infiniti Service Information Websites (www.nissan-techinfo.com or www.infiniti-techinfo.com) under the NERS J2534 selection.
- A Nissan CONSULT can be used for reprogramming model year 1999 and newer Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. The Nissan CONSULT II and III are no longer available for purchase, but users may still purchase reprogramming files designed specifically for use with this equipment.
- CONSULT II supports reprogramming on 1999 through 2006 model year vehicles.
- CONSULT III supports reprogramming on most 2003 through 2009 model year vehicles.
- CONSULT III Plus supports ECM reprogramming on most 1999 model year and later and some TCM and ABS/VDC reprogramming.
- CONSULT III Plus supports blank ECM and TCM programming. September 2013 Nissan and Infiniti began the phase-in of "blank" service part ECMs and TCMs. Depending on the model and model year, replacement modules come without software. When the replacement module is installed in an applicable vehicle for any reason, it will need to be programmed.
CONSULT III Plus can be purchased at www.nissantechmate.com. Selecting the "Purchase Tools/Equipment" tab will take you to the website.
For additional information about Consult III, reprogramming and blank modules, please see the Consult II, III ECU Blank programming and ECU reprogramming selection at the Nissan or Infiniti Service Information Websites (www.nissan-techinfo.com or www.infiniti-techinfo.com).
How does a technician obtain the Calibration?
Once you have found a TSB for your incident, select NERS J2534 ECU programming, then select the Reprogramming tab. It will provide applicable reprogramming instructions.
Select “Visit the ECU File Downloads Page” to purchase access to the ECU file downloads.
Before purchasing products and services from this website, you must register for a free account.
Identify computer system requirements needed to support reprogramming.
NERS software can be installed computer running Windows XP (SP2 or later) or Windows 7 64Bit